Friday, January 18, 2019

My Entrepreneurship Story

I was recently exposed to entrepreneurship when my dad announced that he was going to start his own lettuce-growing business. He is growing different types of lettuce indoors using organic urban farming techniques. He is also working on turning some of the crops into powder, since green powder for smoothies is all the rage these days. I think it’s incredible that he identified an opportunity and is now launching his own business. 

I’m a biology major, but I really wanted to explore something different, so I decided to take ENT 3003. I’ve always been interested in entrepreneurship and I hope to learn more about how to design a new business.
Image result for urban farming indoors

(This is what urban farming looks like!)

4 comments:

  1. The lettuce growing business seems like a cool idea. There are a lot more people nowadays that are seeking vegetable related foods. The smoothie powder could be a great success as more and more people try to turn to a healthy, non-meat lifestyle. I think it is cool that you are taking a class that your major doesn’t really intend for you to take to explore a different field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- super interesting to read about your dad. I have a similar experience as you, as my dad is an entrepreneur himself. That is so cool that your dad has figured all of this out, and that he made a powder. You are right, I know so many people drinking green smoothies nowadays. Also, super cool you wanted to get some experience in a different field. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace! This is a really interesting topic. Good for your dad for being so brave and trying to start something by himself. If you find something unique, it's awesome to go ahead and start up something, even better if you're one of the first to do it! How does he plan on growing the lettuce indoors? Somewhere by your house or in a factory?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace,
    This seems like a really cool thing to do. People will always need lettuce and I think its really interesting to learn about urban farming. The smoothie powder idea would be a great plan and maybe with knowing more about entrepreneurship, you could learn how to work beside your dad and maybe be partners.

    ReplyDelete