Coco Chanel was a French fashion designer and founder of the Chanel brand. The most surprising thing about Chanel, after reading her biography, is that she grew up in poverty. The Chanel brand is luxurious and expensive, so it’s interesting that the founder was underprivileged during her formative years. This is also the most admirable part of Coco Chanel’s life, in my opinion. The least admirable thing about Chanel was her addiction to morphine, which unfortunately happens to many famous people. Despite failure in her personal and business life, though, Chanel still managed to become one of the most important designers of the twentieth century. She exhibited perseverance and tenacity, which contributed to the success of her brand. There weren’t any parts of the reading that were confusing to me. If I could ask Coco Chanel a couple questions, I would start by asking if she’s happy with how her brand has been handled since her death. I would also ask where she saw the future of fashion going today. I think Chanel believed that hard work is the key to achieving your dreams, which I agree with.
That is crazy to hear that she grew up in poverty. I think it is easy to look at entrepreneurs and see them for what they are - successful, rich, etc. but forget to look at the steps that got them to that place. It is pretty inspiring to go from nothing and then to be able to create a huge brand. I would love to read this book!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace!
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your small summary on Coco Chanel I was intrigued to learn more about her life. It is very surprising to learn that she grew up in poverty. This brand is so expensive so it really is surprising to hear this. She had so much success within her brand, despite her past failures. This just shows you that it is important to always continue with your passions despite your failure.
I did not know that the founder of Chanel grew up in poverty. You usually do not expect founders to come from poverty but this proves otherwise. The fact that she persevered and her brand is widely know and respected today is very inspirational.
ReplyDelete