Friday, February 15, 2019

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No.1

The segment I have chosen is college students who take care of themselves financially. I interviewed three students that attend the University of Florida and asked them about their situation. First, I asked whether they have to purchase textbooks for their classes. Obviously, since they’re all college students, all three interviewees said yes. Next, I inquired about their textbook buying process. One student said they rent most of their textbooks from Chegg and return them at the end of the semester. Another student said they’ve purchased some textbooks at full price because they weren’t available on any renting services. The last interviewee told me they check UF Facebook pages where some students will sell their old textbooks. I think an app that allows students to sell or swap textbooks would be extremely beneficial for pretty much everyone that fits into this segment. All three interviewees said they wished there was a cheaper way to obtain textbooks, so this kind of app seems like it could benefit a lot of people. 

3 comments:

  1. I think that your interview process was really smart and it sounds like you were able to gather a lot of thoughts from it. I think each person lead you to an ultimate common theme which allowed you to think of a problem solver. Sounds like you're really thinking like an entrepreneur lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. Finding text books can be such a pain each semester i find myself comparing prices to different sellers and asking my friends if they still have text books from the same classes. Your segment is perfect and has a broad amount of consumers that i could see being interested in a service like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel as if every student has this same issue. Whether if someone financially supports themselves of not, it is always a struggle to find the cheapest textbooks. Personally, I do not financially support myself and I am lucky enough to have my parents help me, but I always make sure to get the cheapest textbooks and always rent them from websites like Amazon or Chegg.

    ReplyDelete