Friday, March 1, 2019

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2

My segment is college students who purchase their own textbooks. All three of my interviewees consider price to be the most important consideration when purchasing textbooks. Everyone wants to obtain books in the cheapest way possible. Most of the time there is only one book option to choose from, so quality doesn’t play a huge role. Convenience is the only other factor that my interviewees consider. Two of the interviewees typically purchase their books on the internet, while the other one goes to the UF bookstore in person. I believe my segment is more likely to buy online because that’s where cheaper prices can be found. I also believe a lot of people buy their books with credit cards because it can be very expensive to pay upfront. All three of my interviewees used credit cards to purchase their books this semester. Students must buy textbooks in order to be successful in class, so these purchases are almost always a good idea. Occasionally a student will buy a book and never actually use it, which happened to my second interviewee. In this case, the purchase was a bad idea. Overall, I would describe this segment as being dictated entirely by price.

4 comments:

  1. I think this was a very beneficial exercise for you as it seems that you were able to gain very valuable information which formed into a final conclusion. I definitely agree that the price is the overall the biggest concern for students when making their decision on purchasing a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these interviews were able to give important insight. I typically buy my textbooks online, because I think it is cheaper and an easier alternative to buying textbooks. Textbooks are very expensive, but obviously these are necessities to pass all of your classes. This segment would definitely be based on pricing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the interviews definitely helped you figure out buyer behavior a little more. I also buy textbooks online so I am in the segment you are targeting and all the points you state are valid. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the results that you got because most of the people I've interviewed also preferred the price. I will not be surprised if most of us got the same type of result because as we can see nowadays, everything is about money. An example is that fast food is not good for us but we purchased the most.

    ReplyDelete