Friday, February 8, 2019

Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2


Based on my interviews, I can conclude that there are people that fall outside the boundary despite their similarity to people within the boundary. For example, one interviewee loves using natural, organic products, however, they don’t like aromatherapy products because they find it overwhelming on the senses. Another person said they enjoy aromatherapy, but they only use a particular brand of candles. These people may have a need for a candle, but people within the boundary have a need for something more interesting than just a candle. I think this difference comes down to a difference in personality. Some people are simple and don’t care about how interesting a product is, they just want a candle. Other people, on the other hand, are intrigued by products that go a step beyond.

Inside the boundary
Outside the boundary
People interested in an innovative new aromatherapy product
People who either aren’t interested in aromatherapy products or are completely satisfied by their current ones
A need for an aromatherapy product that goes a step beyond what is already on the market
The need is not a product that is already made by several other companies
There aren’t enough interesting aromatherapy products available
Some people don’t like aromatherapy and others are content with their current aromatherapy products (I.e. just burning a candle)

6 comments:

  1. Hey Grace!
    Your post is very solid and makes a lot of sense for your product opportunity. I am sure the feedback you received from the interviewees gave you a lot to think about! I definitely think your product is for a certain type of audience and may not appeal to everyone, but, for people like me who love this sort of stuff, I really think you would have an awesome opportunity to make money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, I honestly really like your idea and I do think there is a lot of opportunity for this type of product. The only thing I might would ask if there was a partnership? I love bath and body works products and your subscription would be an even bigger seller for me personally if I saw the chance for that kind of collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Grace. you found out exactly what the professor was looking for. this assignment showed you just how a certain idea can have many many different who, what, and why inside boundaries and outside boundaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your thought Grace. It is great to see that some people are okay with what they are getting right now. Also, it depends on why they use the candle. I know few people that don't use candle because of the smell, but because of the feeling it gives them. Moreover, I met people that use candle as light during evening in their villages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These interviews offer an extra insight on your product idea. I think you have a good idea of your target market and how to attract customers. I think that inside the boundary is thoroughly defined and you have successfully determined who to sell to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grace, although there are some that do not like the idea of your product and fall outside the boundary, I for one believe this is a really great idea that I would benefit from. I would be inside the boundary and be interested in the innovative aromatherapy product. In searching for aromatherapy products, I do feel that there could be more products in the market.

    ReplyDelete