Friday, March 1, 2019

Whats Your Secret Sauce?

I have more work experience than most college students my age, because I’ve been working full time the last three years. I consider myself a hard worker, as well as very consistent. Another human capital I possess is my ability to communicate with people. I participated in musical theatre growing up so I’m not a shy person at all. I’ve never had any trouble talking to people because of this. Also, I’m a very practical and realistic thinker which allows me to make decisions that aren’t influenced by emotions. I consider this my most valuable human capital. 

Interview #1- Mother 

Me: What makes me different in terms of knowledge, skills, abilities, and emotions?

Mother: You’ve always been a very independent and determined person. I believe there’s nothing you couldn’t accomplish if you set your mind to it.

My mother gave me a very mom-like response, but she is right about the independent part. I’ve always been self-motivated and determined.

Interview #2- Father 

Father: You’re a very self-motivated person and that’s one of your greatest abilities. It makes you a productive achiever. You’re also very logical in your thinking.

I was glad my dad pointed out my logical thinking because that’s what I consider to be my most valuable human capital. He also said I was self-motivated, which I agree with. 

Interview #3- Grandma 

Grandma: You have a unique mix of creative abilities and analytical thinking. You’ve always been great at math and science, but what you’re really best at is talking.

I think what my grandma said about talking was a backhanded compliment, but I’m still going to consider it a skill. I do think my left and right brain skills are pretty equal, which is what she meant by creative abilities and analytical thinking. 

Interview #4- Friend 
Friend: You’re always unaffected by negativity, which I’ve always been jealous of. You’ve also always wanted to move to another country and never look back which I think shows how much of a fearless person you are.

I never thought about how unaffected I am by negativity because that's just always how I've been. I wouldn't consider myself fearless, but rather brave.

Interview #5- Friend 
Friend: You have the best people skills I know, like you never get scared to talk to employees or order food at a restaurant. You also never take crap from anyone and have really tough skin. 

For some reason this friend thinks my ability to talk to workers is incredible, which I find hilarious. I agree that I have tough skin, because I don't let other people get to me. 


I think others see me as better than I see myself, but that rings true with pretty much everyone. I’m much more critical of myself than I am of other people. I think everything my interviewees said was correct, though. I didn’t add self-motivated to my list of human capital, but after conducting the interviews I would add that. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it is a great asset that you have all that work experience as that is more than the average college student has. All the interviews helped paint a picture of your best qualities which all help in entrepreneurship. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of great qualities that promote the business lifestyle. I agree that others see you better than you see yourself, as I learned that with my own interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your abilities. It is interesting to see that we have some come common ones. Also, i can tell that your family is very proud of you as they all believe that you are a hard worker, and you don't give. They also tell that you are independent. I like the fact that you're working full-time for 3 years.

    ReplyDelete