I missed a few assignments in the beginning of the semesterso I decided to develop a couple ways to keep up with the coursework. I set aside thirty minutes each weekday to complete the assignments. I typically finish before Friday, which gives me more time to study for my other classes. I also set a reminder in my phone about the cupcake each week. It’s easy to forget about it since it’s due at noon instead of midnight. There were a couple of times this semester that I didn’t want to complete an assignment. In fact, there were a couple of times this semester that I didn’t complete an assignment. I haven’t given up yet, though, and I plan on heading into the rest of the semester with a more tenacious attitude. If I were to give next semester’s students tips, I would tell them the most important way to stay determined is to complete the assignments early. I would also tell them not to get discouraged if they accidentally miss an assignment, because all you can do is keep going and complete the next one. Finally, I would tell them that in order to develop a tenacious mindset you must stay engaged with the course material. 
It is good that you are willing to put more effort into the class after not doing all of the assignments. Definitely don't feel alone or be too hard on yourself though because I am sure we have all missed an assignment here or there. :)
ReplyDeleteI like your determination. You almost sound like me as I also missed few assignments in few of my classes. But I decided to force myself and do whatever it takes to succeed. Another important thing is to be organized and plan everything ahead. I believe that you are more motivated when you have the plan, and you can actually see your daily schedule.
ReplyDeleteI had the same issue in the beginning of the semester with this course. I was also having trouble navigating and figuring out the course. I now make sure to complete all my assignments on time. I would also tell future students to complete all assignments and set out certain days to watch the lectures & do the assignments.
ReplyDelete