There has been a recent wave of organic/natural products on the market. I have noticed, however, that there aren’t a lot of new and innovative aromatherapy products available for health-conscious people. Sure, there’s plenty of essential oils available online and at healthy supermarkets, but I think there’s an opportunity to create something more enticing.
The who: Health conscious people, the kind that consider Whole Foods their second home
The what: They aren’t offered an interesting aromatherapy product
The why: Candles, essential oils, and oil diffusers are staple aromatherapy products that people seem to be satisfied with, but I think there’s a way to take these products to a new level
I believe this opportunity exists, and more people will realize they have this need if an interesting product is created. After all, who doesn’t like good smells? I’m aware there are a lot of aromatherapy products on the market already, but I always see the same things over and over: candles, essential oils, and oil diffusers. There’s also a lack of organic products, which is perfect because the target customer would want an organic product.
I talked with five different target customers to see what they thought about aromatherapy. Five out of five interviewees said they currently use some form of aromatherapy, either candles or essential oils. I asked whether they’d ever tried anything outside of these two products. One person said they have lotion and soap infused with essential oils for aromatherapy purposes. Another person said they have a coconut papaya spray that they love spraying all over their apartment. I also asked if they were interested in a new aromatherapy product, possibly something they’ve never seen before. All of the target customers seemed very interested in this potential product. One thing I learned about the opportunity from the interviews is that variance could make a potential aromatherapy product more intriguing. One interviewee mentioned that they love essential oils, but they are expensive so they only have a couple different ones. I realized I could create an alternative that has more variance in scent but is still reasonably priced.
I love your ideas and opportunity that you have just shared. I promise that i thought about the same thing one time and I'm pretty sure that i will be one of your customers. Another interesting point from you is the fact that you have talked about the price as well. Nowadays, most people go for price at first, then they go for the product once they realize how good it is.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a wonderful idea. I myself use essential oils and other lotions/soaps. Aromatherapy candles are definitely a top purchase of mine as well. I recently got into essential oils after my boyfriend’s mom got me a few for Christmas. Ever since, I have been using them every day. I especially enjoy using them on my neck because of continuous neck pain. I agree with you on the point that some could be very expensive, but I have found that the expensive ones are definitely worth the purchase.
ReplyDeleteThis is an interesting and unique product that could do well as there are not that many people selling these types of products right now. I feel that people will buy this and there could be a sizable market. I personally would not buy this stuff, but I know a lot of people that I think would be interested and would buy the product.
ReplyDelete